Thursday, November 10, 2011

DIY Picture Frames

Moving into our new house has catapulted me into decorating mode. I'm finally able to do the crafts that I started forever ago, but never finished because I couldn't actually use them in our rentals.

I found these cheap wooden frames at IKEA (3 pack for $2.99!) four years ago, and even though I had plans for them, it never seemed to get finished.

Now that I have somewhere to hang them, and I'm allowed to do it (because it's MY house, bitch!), those frames are getting crafted!

I painted them all with acrylic paints (2 coats) in colors pulled from my couch pillows, and printed up 30 of my favorite pictures in all black and white.

I eyeballed the placement using two existing screws, which I took down. Using string taped to the wall gave me rough measurements for placing the frames in between. They're not all perfect, but I think it's adorable!

I got that little saying from an online store that gives out codes making their items free, you just pay shipping. Stay tuned for my review of the decals, plus a giveaway of one of their other phrases!

I think the frames fit perfectly in the dining room, and I can't wait to get my chairs recovered so it all comes together!

-Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment