Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crochet Ribbed Hat Pattern

I'm always searching for cute homemade ideas for my husband and son. It seems like for males, they are few and far between. While searching for a hat to make my husband and coming up empty handed, I finally gave up and decided to make my own version of a knitted hat that he used to love. I hate knitting, so I decided to figure out how to make this hat only look knitted but actually be crocheted.

Here's my handsome hubby posing for some mug shots.



This hat was easy to make and only took a few hours.
The following pattern is written for an adult male.

Items needed:
Worsted Weight yarn (I used Patrons Wool )
Blunt Needle For Weaving Ends
J Needle

We're starting out on the ribbing with the band
CH 7
1-Sc in second ch and in each ch across-6
From now on crochet only in in the back loop of each stitch.
2-Ch 1, sc in each stitch across-6
3- Repeat row 2 across until piece measures desired size (this took me about 74 rows.)
4-Sc to first row without twisting to create band.

We are now above the band of the hat
ch 1 from where we left off on previous band and instead of turning, continue crocheting around band.
Crochet 68 around evenly.

Hope you love it!



-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused. I love the hat but the pattern only looks like it's for the band. Is there more to this pattern?

    ReplyDelete